Visual Directory of Image Collections
This case study carried out on behalf of the Engineering Subject Centre for the JISC examined the feasibility of producing a visual directory of community led image collections by aggregating RSS feeds provided by the collections following the recommendations of the Community Led Image Collections report.
The objectives of the study were to:
- observe the attitudes to sharing image resources within the engineering community
- examine potential barriers and enablers to sharing
- investigate the potential for a visual directory of image collections
- encourage image collections to provide an RSS image feed for demonstration purposes.
- present the issues arising from the study and
- make suggestions for future practice.